Futurist and author Trond Arne Undheim interviews Elizabeth Muller, CEO and co-founder of Deep Isolation, the nuclear waste disposal startup, which she has founded together with renowned physicist Richard Muller, who is also her father.
The takeaway is that nuclear waste is indeed a futuristic topic, given that Deep Isolation has a one million year time horizon on the efficacy of their technology. It's also interesting that drilling technology can be deployed to place canisters of nuclear waste in deep horizontal drill holes utilizing stable rock formations as a protective barrier.
After listening, check out Deep Isolation as well as Richard and Elizabeth Muller's profiles:
- Deep Isolation https://www.deepisolation.com/
- Elizabeth Muller (LinkedIn) https://www.linkedin.com/in/elizabethmuller/
- Richard Muller - The Edge - member profile: https://www.edge.org/memberbio/richard_muller
Additional context about the show, the topics, and our guests, including show notes and a full list of podcast players that syndicate the show can be found at https://trondundheim.com/podcast/.
For more about the host, including media coverage, books and more, see:
- Trond Arne Undheim's personal website (https://trondundheim.com/)
- The Yegii Insights blog (https://yegii.wpcomstaging.com/)
- Pandemic Aftermath https://trondundheim.com/pandemic-aftermath/
- Disruption Games https://trondundheim.com/disruptiongames/
To advertise or become a guest on the show, contact the podcast host here. If you like the show, please tell all your friends, subscribe and consider rating it five stars. The show is hosted by Podbean and can be found at Futurized.co.